HOW TO PURCHASE A FIREARM ONLINE IN 4 EASY STEPS:
Step 1 – Verify legal status of purchase
- You must be 18 or older to purchase a rifle or shotgun.
- You must be 21 or older to purchase a handgun.
- You must be able to pass a NICS Background check.
- You are responsible for compliance to your local and state laws.
- Be aware of restrictions on extended magazines and certain types of AR-15 style rifles within certain States / municipalities.
- Choose an FFL Dealer
- If you do not already have one
is an excellent resource for finding an FFL Dealer that is local to you.
- Pre-selecting / knowing an FFL Dealer in advance will expedite the shipping process once you’ve completed the checkout process, we will send you an email after your transaction is complete, you must provide the contact information of your local FFL Dealer. CONTACT THEM BEFORE sending us their information, VERIFY that they will conduct your FFL Transfer and NICS background check.
STEP 2 – SHOP
- Create an account, verify your date of birth.
- Choose your firearm, add it to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout.
STEP 3 – CHECKOUT
- Enter your payment info.
- Prepare your FFL Dealer Information as you will receive an email within 48 hours requesting this information, OR you can ask your Dealer to email us a copy of their FFL direct to FFLTRANSFERS@CHOKEEXPRESS.COM Please have them provide your name and Phone number with the FFL COPY.
STEP 4 – TRANSFER
- Take ownership of firearm from your local FFL.
- Background check will be done at your local FFL
(Transfer fees may apply, inquire with your local FFL)
HOW TO BUY AMMO ONLINE
- All ammunition will be shipped FedEx or UPS ground; no air freight allowed.
- Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately.
- Always make sure you order the correct ammunition for your specific firearm.
- Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun and rifle ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun ammunition.
- Check your state and local laws for any other restrictions before ordering.
- Ammo Shipping Restrictions: CHOKE EXPRESS does not ship ammunition to
CA, IL, NY, NJ, MA, DC, CT, or P.O. Boxes
- ALL SALES FINAL ON AMMUNITION ORDERS:
Cancellations and Returns are NOT Allowed.
HOW TO CHOOSE AN FFL DEALER
- Before checkout you should already have made first contact with a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) near you who will handle the transfer of the firearm to you, after a successful NICS background check.
- FFL Dealer can be your local Gun Shop, Gun Range or Pawn Shop or Private License holder who is willing to perform the transfer.
- NOTE: Contact your local FFL first to confirm the dealer will conduct the transfer.
- Need an ffl dealer? Check for local listings on
- for a list of gun dealers near you.
- Central Ohio residents may choose "Local Pick Up" in Marion, OH. If this is the option we will preform the NICS Background check free of charge.
FFL TRANSFER AND BACKGROUND CHECK
- You are responsible to pay the FFL’s transfer fee which is generally $15-30.
- If FFL is not in our system, the gun dealer must send their license (FFL) to us by either email (FFL@grabagun.com) or fax (972-304-6214)
FIREARM RETURN POLICY
- Once you accept the transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement.
- All unauthorized returns to chokeexpress.com will be refused; no exceptions.
- A 20% restocking fee may apply to returns, we will deal with returns on a case-by-case basis.
ONLINE GUN BUYING FAQS
Q: HOW TO FIND AN FFL DEALER NEAR ME?
A: www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index is an excellent to find one in your area.
Q: CAN AMMO BE SHIPPED WITH A GUN?
- A: No, Ammunition and Firearms must be shipped separately.
Q: HOW DO I RETURN SOMETHING?
- A: Returns are accepted for defective or damaged merchandise.
- chokeexpress.com will provide a refund or exchange on all defective / damaged firearms, prior to transfer, and accessories found defective within 10 days.
- chokeexpress.com will arrange return shipping, only after issuing a return authorization.
- Mailing address for authorized returns:
- chokeexpress.com Attn: Returns Department
1920 Bumford Rd.
Marion, OH 43302
TIPS and MORE INFO:
- Please take your time to inspect firearms before accepting the transfer.
- Once a new firearm is transferred to you it is considered used, even if unfired.
- We cannot provide a full refund for new firearms once they have been transferred into your possession.
- Also, we do not reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items.
- If defect is discovered after the transfer, the firearm must be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty policy).